Professor Emeritus of Linguistics
Professor of Educational Psychology
Professor of Curriculum and Instruction
Professor of Second Language Acquisition and Teacher Education
Center for Global Studies
My areas of interest include language testing, research design and statistics for applied linguistics, and the history and philosophy of educational and psychological assessment. For more information, please visit my website, which is linked at the right.
- The Routledge Handbook of Language Testing. Ed. Glenn Fulcher and Fred Davidson. London: Routledge, 2012.
- Fulcher, Glenn, and Fred Davidson. Language Testing and Assessment: An Advanced Resource Book. Oxford, UK: Routledge, 2007.
- "Releasability of Language Test Specifications." Japan Language Testing Association (JLTA) Journal 15 (2012): 1-23.
- Fulcher, Glenn, Fred Davidson, and Jenny Kemp. "Effective rating scale development for speaking tests: Performance Decision Trees." Language testing 28.1 (2011): 5-29.
- Fulcher, Glenn, and Fred Davidson. "Test Architecture, Test Retrofit." Language Testing 26.1 (2010):
- "Why is cognitive diagnosis necessary? A reaction.." Language Assessment Quarterly 7.1 (2010): 104-107.
- Davidson, Fred, and Glenn Fulcher. "Tests in Society and in Learning: A Dialogue." Educational Philosophy and Theory 40.3 (2008): 407-417.
- Davidson, Fred, and Glenn Fulcher. "The Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) and the design of language tests: A Matter of Effect." Language Teaching 40 (2007): 231-241.
- Davidson, Fred, and Glenn Fulcher. "Developing test specifications for language assessment." The Cambridge Guide to Second Language Assessment. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2012. 59-65.
- Davidson, Fred. "Test Specifications and Criterion-referenced assessment." The Routledge Handbook of Language Testing. London: Routledge, 2012. 197-209.